WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms, so it constantly becomes a target of hackers who find and exploit its vulnerabilities. In case your blog is hacked, you may lose content, data, as well as precious time of site operation. Taking care of blog security you can guard your reputation and provide visitors with the highest level of service. Unfortunately, most users think about safety precautions too late. In fact, you can protect your blog with just a few simple steps.
- Remove the default login. Hackers are looking for blogs whose owners use default WordPress login as it is a half of information needed to crack the blog. Using the username «Admin», you save a lot of attackers’ time – all they have to do is just to guess your password. More →
Every blogger and webmaster needs their website or blog to be loaded quickly. As is well known, the majority of Internet users hate slow sites. People rather close slow-moving website and go on then waste their time on waiting. As a rule, WordPress and other blogging engines users install many different plug-ins to speed up their blogs. There are also many other ways to speed up WordPress-based blog, such as css and js compression, database and images optimization, etc. But sometimes it is not enough.
Luckily, there is a powerful tool that distinctly accelerates the blog or website. It is called Content Delivery Network (or CDN). CDN is a network made of More →
If you have seriously decided to develop your site based on WordPress, the first thing you have to do is to take care of website safety. In this article we will discuss several ways to protect your project against hackers.
Sites are constantly hacked; malware script is often integrated in the site header or Iframe. Usually, the underlying reasons for hacking sites on WordPress are simple passwords, outdated kernel versions, vulnerable themes and plug-ins.
WordPress security issues – tips to solve them
- The easiest way to improve wordpress security is to update WP version frequently as new version is as a rule more secure than previous one. Still, there are some ground rules to be observed:
- Never use names like “admin”; trying to gain an access to your Administrator console, hacker have to crack the username/password combination, and he will certainly try the name ‘admin’ first. More →
Today a wide range of content management systems can be used for site creation, but none of them has become as popular as WordPress. About 60% of all blogs on the Internet were created with WordPress CMS. So why is this CMS so popular?
First of all, it should be noted that WP interface is so user-friendly that even a novice can easily understand it. All items were translated into many languages; moreover, all the tools are conveniently and plainly located. Thus the creation of elementary site with the help of this CMS is within every user’s power. If WP site creation process still presents some difficulties to you, you can easily find a huge amount of free WP Internet tutorials. More →
Instructions on how to update your WordPress site using FTP mode:
- Open public_html folder using FTP mode. That is the root directory where wordpress CMS was installed.
- Pre-make a fresh copy of the database.
- Make a backup of all the files located in the root directory in the event if something goes wrong. As “WP-Content” folder can contain a lot of graphics and large files, as well as your current theme and customized plug-ins, it may remain uncopied. Remove the folder “wp-admin” containing the old version files and fill up with a fresh version in the same place in root directory (new version can be found on the official site).
- Delete this folder and refill it up as “wp-includes”. More →