The selection of CMS for the site is a very urgent issue. Here, a lot depends on proper priority setting. In this article, we will summarize our experience in CMS search.
Looking for a CMS you should act according to such scheme:
- Decide what type of website you want to start (forum, blog, community, etc.).
- Make a list of the main features you need.
- Think whether you have a budget for plug-in purchase (some content management systems offer paid plug-ins). More →
Today e-commerce is attracting a growing number of people. Due to the Internet popularity, developing companies can safely withstand competition with larger and more successful ones. Selling goods online gives you the opportunity to minimize costs, expand into new markets, and attract more consumers.
But first it is necessary to supply the process of site development. Of course, this task is directly linked with software. Magento e-commerce system is one of the best boxed solutions in such a case. Magento is a completely free open source CMS specifically designed for online store development and support. Nowadays it is one of the most popular e-commerce engines in the world due to its flexible functions, namely: More →
Concrete5 is a developing open source content management system (CMS). It has a number of advantages that make the work with site content very easy and user-friendly. As you can see, in this article Concrete5 features and benefits are discussed.
As a rule, users of this CMS mark out following advantages:
- You can edit content directly on the site. In most cases, to edit the site page you have to open the admin panel, make all the changes, then return to the site, and refresh the page. Concrete5 has admin panel too, but it is not necessary to use it in order to edit a page. More →
Every blogger and webmaster needs their website or blog to be loaded quickly. As is well known, the majority of Internet users hate slow sites. People rather close slow-moving website and go on then waste their time on waiting. As a rule, WordPress and other blogging engines users install many different plug-ins to speed up their blogs. There are also many other ways to speed up WordPress-based blog, such as css and js compression, database and images optimization, etc. But sometimes it is not enough.
Luckily, there is a powerful tool that distinctly accelerates the blog or website. It is called Content Delivery Network (or CDN). CDN is a network made of More →
Today a wide range of content management systems can be used for site creation, but none of them has become as popular as WordPress. About 60% of all blogs on the Internet were created with WordPress CMS. So why is this CMS so popular?
First of all, it should be noted that WP interface is so user-friendly that even a novice can easily understand it. All items were translated into many languages; moreover, all the tools are conveniently and plainly located. Thus the creation of elementary site with the help of this CMS is within every user’s power. If WP site creation process still presents some difficulties to you, you can easily find a huge amount of free WP Internet tutorials. More →
Initially all the websites were created with the help of HTML. Today it is also popular to create sites on PHP technology. So what is the difference between them? Let’s examine pros and cons of these script languages.
HTML website pros:
- HTML is perfect for small companies’ sites. HTML is also useful for creating web business cards with no dynamic content or for those pages which are not going to be updated after creation.
- Due to light weight as well as fast loading these sites are very easy to be found in search engines. They are simple and minimalistic, which are not the least of the factors as it is difficult to get lost on such sites.
Instructions on how to update your WordPress site using FTP mode:
- Open public_html folder using FTP mode. That is the root directory where wordpress CMS was installed.
- Pre-make a fresh copy of the database.
- Make a backup of all the files located in the root directory in the event if something goes wrong. As “WP-Content” folder can contain a lot of graphics and large files, as well as your current theme and customized plug-ins, it may remain uncopied. Remove the folder “wp-admin” containing the old version files and fill up with a fresh version in the same place in root directory (new version can be found on the official site).
- Delete this folder and refill it up as “wp-includes”. More →