To make your site work in full force and effect, not only a catchy design or a quality product is needed. A competent promotion in the World Wide Web is also the must. The tracking of resource’s main components can clarify how viable it actually is. In this article we will learn some fundamental rules and suggest initial steps and fixes.
- The first step in any SEO analysis is the review of primary components of the page: tags, headings, title, description and Open Graph. The title is considered to be the most important element. It is meant to be used by search robots that determine what is placed on a specific page. The title must be unique and concise, and fully comply with the content. Note that Google displays only 70 characters, everything else remains hidden.
- Website SEO audit should also include the URL check. URLs convey information about what the visitor will find after clicking the virtual path. They also demonstrate the internal directory structure. Fix your broken URLs.
- SEO audit is also aimed at content control. Gone are the days when the text was written only for the sake of keywords. Now texts that attract the user are appreciated. In case of low uniqueness indicators, the site gets low positions in the ranking. The utility of the text has a positive effect on ranking, attracts the audience and, as a result, increases site traffic.
- Technical audit is a mandatory procedure, without which all efforts made may not have the desired effect. It includes HTML code checkup, ROBOTS.TXT adjustment, redirect setup, etc. Technical SEO audit eliminates serious overlaps that interfere with normal site operation.
- Adaptive web design (or mobile version of the site) is important for usability. A high-quality site adaptation for various devices will increase traffic by several times, which means there is a high probability profit from sales will increase.