Cloud Hosting Basic information:
Cloud services did not make great progress until recently, thus, they were available only to advanced users. Nowadays, due to Global Network wide spread occurrence, this technology is easily accessible to beginners just like to professionals.
Host service is one of the most called-for services on the Internet. Until recently webhost was subdivided into three types: dedicated server (separate machine), VPS (virtual private server), and virtual host (a great number of sites allocated on the one server). Today cloud host actively supplants the other three types.
Cloud VPS Hosting has too many potential benefits to ignore them. The most telling arguments are:
- Robustness. Data is usually allocated on several servers and often in several datacenters. Such approach eliminates the information loss.
- Safety. Encryption is a cheap and effective way to ensure safety; that is why many cloud host providers encrypt all or almost all the data. Now, compare it with the local data, which can often be easily obtained by anyone with physical access.
- Accessibility. Such host service makes it possible to use your data anywhere in the world.
- High-skilled technical support. All files in the cloud storage and backup files are managed by well-qualified specialists, not by the user who is more likely to make mistakes that will cause the data loss
- Flexible rates. The site owner has no need to think over required resources amount in advance as it can be increased or decreased at any moment. During a certain trial period, you can choose optimum resources amount.
- Payment. The customer pays only for the resources he used during certain time.
Of course, there is the reverse of the coin. The most solid arguments against cloud host service are:
- No physical access. Despite the fact that the data are located on several servers, you cannot get access to them if the company closes.
- Confidentiality. Data availability in the cloud makes it easier to collect information about you.
Cloud host service offers many advantages over ‘traditional’ webhost types. Still, some aspects should be polished up. Nowadays this web service is evolving, and in the near future it take an advanced user-friendly shape.