Today a wide range of content management systems can be used for site creation, but none of them has become as popular as WordPress. About 60% of all blogs on the Internet were created with WordPress CMS. So why is this CMS so popular?
First of all, it should be noted that WP interface is so user-friendly that even a novice can easily understand it. All items were translated into many languages; moreover, all the tools are conveniently and plainly located. Thus the creation of elementary site with the help of this CMS is within every user’s power. If WP site creation process still presents some difficulties to you, you can easily find a huge amount of free WP Internet tutorials. More →
On the first stage of any startup it is greatly important to minimize any initial costs. That is why seeking for VPS that can satisfy all needs of a startup project, on the one hand, and brings a fair price, on the other hand, is a monumental task for every startup developer.
Have no ideas how to reduce costs and increase project efficiency right from the very start? VMFrame.com is always ready to lend a helping hand! If you want to carry out a new ambitious project, we offer you a range of services to help you reliably host your website! More →
Initially all the websites were created with the help of HTML. Today it is also popular to create sites on PHP technology. So what is the difference between them? Let’s examine pros and cons of these script languages.
HTML website pros:
- HTML is perfect for small companies’ sites. HTML is also useful for creating web business cards with no dynamic content or for those pages which are not going to be updated after creation.
- Due to light weight as well as fast loading these sites are very easy to be found in search engines. They are simple and minimalistic, which are not the least of the factors as it is difficult to get lost on such sites.
In this article we are going to provide a thorough description of hosting services features and make objective recommendations that can help you in choosing the most appropriate hosting type.
What is a Shared Hosting
Shared hosting implies one server resources allocation among several sites; that is why it is the cheapest and the most widespread hosting type. Shared hosting is good for “light” projects not requiring large amount of system resources.
Instructions on how to update your WordPress site using FTP mode:
- Open public_html folder using FTP mode. That is the root directory where wordpress CMS was installed.
- Pre-make a fresh copy of the database.
- Make a backup of all the files located in the root directory in the event if something goes wrong. As “WP-Content” folder can contain a lot of graphics and large files, as well as your current theme and customized plug-ins, it may remain uncopied. Remove the folder “wp-admin” containing the old version files and fill up with a fresh version in the same place in root directory (new version can be found on the official site).
- Delete this folder and refill it up as “wp-includes”. More →
It should be noted that the demand for colocation service has appreciably increased recent years. Large hosting companies around the world offer a customers’ equipment placement in their data centers. However, it should be observed that European colocation services are much cheaper. This significant factor coupled with guaranteed professional technical support compels many professional webmasters to use services offered by foreign host companies.
Ultra-modern and environmentally safe European datacenters satisfying all inexorable requirements will become a reliable storage for your web projects. More →
Today it’s becoming more and more important to have an online presence as a business. It’s how people are shopping! They’re jumping on the internet and seeking out the best deals but if you’re not there, you aren’t going to struggle to stay afloat.
So as your online world starts to grow you’re going to have to start looking further and further into hosting.
This can be daunting for anyone uninitiated or not so tech-savvy. In this post we go back to basics to explain the different types of web hosting available today. More →
We know how important good web design is at VMFrame, without it you wouldn’t be reading this blog right now. A great website is the shop window for your company, it’s the first thing your customers are going to see. It’s easy to get the look and the feel of a website right and just as easy to get things wrong. Read this article though and it should highlight some of the issues that should be avoided at all costs.
- Simplify the search: Think about your website from a novice’s point of view, imagine they are surfing a webpage for the first time. How easy it for them to find the products or the information they require? Some sites are over complicated, their search facilities are woeful and it takes you an age to find the details or the goods you need. There’s a good chance browsers will lose interest and click off your site if you over-complicate the layout of the site and make is hard for customers to search for goods. Keep it simple. Make sure they can access products or content with ease to prevent them clicking away and viewing other sites. More →
Colocation is a hosting package which provides a customer’s server placement in ISP’s datacenter. Colocation service is in strong demand among those customers whose servers require a robust connection and have to run round-the-clock, power outages and connection troubles regardless. It is also indispensable to stable operation of ‘heavy’ content projects. Besides, you should think about transporting your servers into a specialized data center in following cases:
- If the company has several remote offices connected via the Internet. Usually servers with enterprise information systems are located at the head office. In case of the Internet disconnection or power failure in the head office, all other branch offices lose access to the enterprise server resources, and that adversely affects the continuity of the business. Such a situation can be avoided by placing servers in the data center where the equipment is protected against power outages and the Internet disruptions due to the use of reserve channels. More →
Colocation server hosting the essence of which is that a host company places a customer’s equipment on its territory (i.e. in data center) and provides a high bandwidth connection. Such a placement can help to significantly save on communication channel establishment from a web hosting provider to a customer. Usually such service is used for placing of those machines which are destined to maintain a very large web projects and other network services characterized by a huge traffic. It is also used for placing equipment requiring a reliable access from several remote points. For instance, it may be used for heavy-duty servers, IP-telephony gateways or VPN-concentrators placement.
In such a case, a customer’s machine is located in provider’s colocation data centers, and then it is mounted in a special rack and connected to the Internet channels of high speed and bandwidth. The customer must not necessarily bring to provider a whole physical server; sometimes individual components such as CPU, RAM, etc., may be brought. More →